Green Economy Canada has launched a National Hub, thanks to Founding Partners Co-operators and HSBC Canada. Our National Hub enables any organization across Canada without access to a local Hub to join our network and receive the guidance, tools and peer support they need to set and achieve their sustainability goals.
We’re now proud to announce the Founding Members of our National Hub – a diverse group of organizations helping to lead the way to a vibrant and inclusive net-zero future:
- Environics Research: A 100% Canadian-owned firm based in Toronto that offers a broad array of research, consulting and communications services, from traditional public opinion polling and market research to advanced studies of human values and social change. Read their story here.
“Taking responsibility for the environment and addressing climate change are important to everyone at Environics. Making a difference is part of our DNA, and at a time when greenwashing abounds, we were very impressed with Green Economy’s substantive approach to facilitating meaningful change.”
– Barry Watson, President and CEO of Environics Research
- AzSpecd Solutions: A renewable energy solutions provider from Dartmouth that focuses on products which are aesthetically pleasing, manufactured in North America when possible, and easily integrated into both urban and rural settings. Read their story here.
“They say that life is a journey which takes many turns, and this is certainly true for me. 35 years in architectural sales has brought me to this point where I feel I can use this experience to help enact positive change in our communities and our world. My wish is to leave a legacy that will allow my children and grandchildren to live and grow on a planet which is clean and sustainable”
– Barry Osmun, President of AzSpecd Solutions
- Swell Made Co: A Canadian brand based in Halifax that designs simple, yet bold paper goods and gifts for swell people. Read their story here.
“Doing good is good business. It’s that simple. Small businesses have tremendous agency to do good in their communities and in the world. Swell Made Co. takes that responsibility seriously by working with partners like GEC. Finding your voice as a small business can be daunting. GEC’s support and guidance has been integral in advancing sustainability through our small business.”
– Lesley Robb, Owner and Designer of Swell Made Co.
- FLO: A leading electric vehicle (EV) charging network operator and a smart charging solutions provider fighting climate change by accelerating EV adoption in North America. Read their story here.
“Sustainability is at the core of what we do. FLO’s mission is to fight climate change and accelerate electric vehicle adoption by offering the most dependable EV charging experience from curbside to countryside. As FLO grows internationally, we know that being a sustainability leader means we need to walk the walk. Joining Green Economy Canada allows us to learn from and with other like minded companies as we work together to advance our sustainability journeys and build a better planet for generations to come.”
– Louis Tremblay, President and CEO of FLO
- Harvest Recycling: A Calgary-based small business helping organizations achieve maximum diversion from the landfill through their innovative collection and processing system. Read their story here.
“We joined Green Economy Canada because they provide a platform for like-minded organizations to build sustainability into their operations, which will put us in a better position to help our customers with their own sustainability efforts.”
– Peter Olorundimu, Chief Executive Officer, Harvest Recycling
Congratulations to these organizations for the steps they are taking to address climate change and become stronger and more resilient for the future. We couldn’t be happier to help them take meaningful climate action and build sustainability into their operations.
“Small and medium-sized businesses have a significant role to play in advancing Canada’s sustainability targets. As a catalyst for a sustainable society, Co-operators is committed to helping these businesses join the green economy. Green Economy Canada’s National Hub provides an accessible way for businesses in any sector to take meaningful action on sustainability, thereby contributing to more resilient communities,” said Chad Park, Vice-President, Sustainability and Citizenship at Co-operators.
“We believe the transition to net zero presents a unique opportunity to build a more sustainable, resilient, and prosperous future,” says Kim Hallwood, Head of Corporate Sustainability, HSBC Canada. “That’s why we are thrilled to be a founding partner of Green Economy Canada’s National Hub, where our partnership will provide financial supports for organizations embarking on their sustainability journey.”
Are you a Canadian organization looking for ways to make your business more environmentally friendly?
Contact us to learn more about how we can make business better, together.