SDGs for Businesses
A better way of doing business.
The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) were established to address the global challenges we collectively face in order to create a more vibrant, equitable and sustainable future for all. The 17 SDGs and the associated 169 targets were adopted by all UN Member States, including Canada, in 2015 with a commitment to achieve them by 2030.
In this decade of action, we need organizations of all sectors and sizes to make significant progress on the SDGs. Aligning your business with advancing the SDGs is more than just “the right thing to do” — it is simply a better way of doing business.
Benefits of Aligning with the SDGs
- Credibly communicate commitments and action to build consumer trust and loyalty.
- Attract investors who are increasingly using the SDGs as a screen to make investment decisions.
- Mitigate business risks — from supply chain to reputation to compliance.
- Recruit and retain top talent, especially Millennials and Gen Z, who are seeking companies that are socially and environmentally conscious.
- Identify new market opportunities through the lens of the SDGs to future-proof your business.
Learn more about how you can align with the SDGs through our practical resource, An SDG Primer for Businesses. You can also watch our three-part webinar series to learn how organizations like The Co-operators, TELUS, and Fiix Software are putting these concepts into practice.
A Better Business, A Better World
Taking Credible Action on the SDGs
Sharing Your Commitment to the SDGs